Properties in Tuscany come in a variety of shapes and
sizes and, while we like all of them, finding the perfect holiday home is an art with which we can help you. All of our agents visit the properties, (you can find our contact details here) so if you ring us or email us we will give you first-hand personal advice, but there are some things worth considering before you ring:
you want to be near a village or town, able to walk to restaurants and
shops, or is perfect privacy more your thing? Italian villages are
friendly places with enjoyable local shopping and often excellent little
restaurants, but sometimes you might just want some peace and quiet!
For an example of a great properties near a friendly village or restaurant, look at this collection: Walk to Restaurants or Shops, while for a private villa look at this collectionPrivate Villas.
- Are you travelling with children? Would you like there to be other families around so your children can make friends?
These are great places for families with children.
- Do you want the classic Tuscan experience or are you willing to go exploring a little, off the beaten track?
For classic and beautiful Chianti Properties, have a look here in our Chianti Collection, while for unexplored areas try the Garfagnana area in the north, in a property like Ponte Romano
- Is total relax and luxury your thing? Would you like us to find you a
cook or maid service? Ask us about the best houses in which to feel
pampered and totally cared for. And remember, when you book with us you
get our free concierge service, so we can find all sorts of extra
services for your stay, from chauffeurs, to maids, cooks, wine-tasting
trips or personal shoppers.
For an example of a great full service house, look at Podere Mandrie – it’s also right next to an 18 hole golf course for the more energetic!
- On a more practical note, make a note of how many bedrooms you will need and whether they should be doubles or twins.
- Do any of your party have trouble with steps – would you like a house with ground floor bedrooms?
- Would you like to come early in the season and need a heated pool?
- Are there any particular cities or museums you want to visit?
- Is wireless internet access a must or will you relish the cyber-silence and hear the real twittering of birds?
- Is a swimming pool on your wish list? Would you prefer a fenced pool? Do you mind sharing?
All these questions will make it easier for our agents to match you
with the perfect Tuscan property and help us ensure your holiday is